Last Updated on March 29, 2023
When it comes to choosing the best basement waterproofing products, there are many factors to consider. With so many products on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are worth your money. That’s why we’ve done the legwork for you and compiled a list of the top products on the market, based on reviews from experts and everyday users. We’ll be considering a range of factors, including price, performance, and features, to help you make the best decision for your needs.There are so many basement waterproofing products brands on the market like RadonSeal, Rexoseal, KILZ, Ames, AMES RESEARCH LABORATORIES, Liquid Rubber, INSL-X, Gorilla, MFM, Drylok, it can be tough to know which one will be the best. No worries, we’ve got you covered.
RadonSeal Plus Deep-Penetrating Concrete Seal
- Penetrates Concrete (up to 4″) – Internally Seals the Matrix of Concrete, Blocking the Pores and Capillaries to Prevent Water Seepage, Water Vapor, and Radon Gas. Ideal for use on basement floors, interior basement walls, foundation walls, slab-on-grade, indoor and outdoor poured concrete slabs and walls.
- Hardens & Strengthens Concrete – Helps to Protect Against and Reduce Concrete Dusting, Efflorescence, Damage Caused by Salts, De-Icing Chemicals, and Freeze Thaw. Does Not Trap Moisture.
- ECO-Friendly & Easy to Apply Formula – ZERO VOCs, No Odors, No Solvents, Non-Toxic, Non-Flammable. Water-based.
- Permanent & Paintable – No Reapplication Needed. Resistant to Hydrostatic Water Pressure. Does Not Form a Surface Film. No Peeling or Fading. Leaves Surface Paintable. Great Primer for Epoxies, Tiles, and Overlay Flooring.
- Commercial-Grade Backed by a Money-Back Guarantee – Trusted Since 1997
Rexoseal 1000 Waterproofing Sealant – Multi-P
- Multi-Purpose Rubberized Waterproofing Black Sealant used for Interior and Exterior Applications!
- Rexoseal 1000 is Extremely Tough & Durable and maintains Flexibility in extreme hot and cold conditions.
- Used For Flat & Low Sloped Roofs, Metal Roofs, Asphalt Shingle Roofs, Foundations, Basements, Concrete, Wood, Metal & much more…
- Easily Apply it by Brush, Roller or Industrial Sprayer!
- Coverage of 1 Gallon of Black Rexoseal 1000 is approximately 100 square feet. For added reinforcement use Rexoseal’s Reinforcing Membrane over seams, cracks, large patches and a whole roof. For added protection use Rexoseal 2000 white topcoat.
KILZ Basement and Masonry Waterproofing Paint
- This premium, interior/exterior paint is formulated to waterproof and seal porous concrete and masonry surfaces both inside and outside your home.
- Using nanotechnology, this paint forms a barrier to help stop water infiltration while an alkali resistant coating provides a long-lasting, durable and decorative finish.
- Apply this paint on properly prepped and cured above and below grade basement walls, masonry walls, retaining walls, cinder and concrete blocks, stucco and brick. Do not use on floors or on walls with active water leaks. Apply using a high quality 1/2″-3/4″ nap roller, 4″ nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer capable of delivering 2200-3200 PSI or greater using a .023″-.025″ spray tip.
- Prime all uncoated, patched, chalky, and adjacent wood and/or metal surfaces with KILZ Premium Primer. For below grade application, fill all holes/cracks with hydraulic cement prior to painting. A minimum of two coats of this product are required for optimal results. Paint dries to touch in one hour and can be re-coated in 4 hours depending on humidity.
- This is a 1-gallon can of Interior/Exterior Basement and Masonry Waterproofing Paint, White, 1-gallon in white. Depending on surface porosity, 1 gallon covers 75 to 125 square feet per.
AMES BWRF5 Water Base High Strength Elastomer
- Ames’ Block & Wall Liquid Rubber is a specially formulated blend of adhesive, high strength elastomeric, liquid rubber for waterproofing concrete walls, cinder block, and more.
- Ames Block & Wall Liquid Rubber is an excellent coating for ICF (insulated concrete forms), metal, wood, concrete, and many other surfaces.
- Block & Wall Liquid Rubber Waterproofer will fill cracks and crevices up to ⅛ inch. Block & Wall is thick, yet easy to apply and has up to 1800% elongation. Low odor and can be sprayed, rolled or brushed applied.
- Ames Block & Wall Liquid Rubber is non-toxic, low odor, environmentally friendly, and made in the USA
- 5 Gallon, White – Ames Block & Wall is packaged in 5 gallon pails – It is high in solids and dries to a nearly impenetrable tough elastic membrane that is up to 1800% elongation to resist cracking and peeling.
AMES RESEARCH LABORATORIES BMX5RG Blue MAX Wa
- Ames Blue Max is a strong and highly adhesive elastomeric liquid rubber waterproofer with 1200% elongation that resists cracking and peeling. Blue Max is ideal for waterproofing above and below-grade basements and foundations, insulated concrete forms, and underlayment.
- Blue Max Liquid Rubber Waterproofer can be used as a primer on most types of roofs including metal roofs and RV roofs. Use on concrete, wood, metal & more. Brush, roll or spray on vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Blue Max is an elastomeric membrane that expands & contracts 1200% with surface to resist cracking & peeling. Blue Max is a special blend of adhesive, high strength elastomeric liquid rubber for waterproofing concrete, wood, metal and more.
- Blue Max is non-toxic, eco-friendly, VOC compliant in all 50 states and made in the USA. Ames is Woman Owned and Veteran Founded.
- 5 Gallon – Blue Ames Blue Max Liquid Rubber Waterproofer is packaged in a 5 gallon pail. Allow 24 hours between coats.
Liquid Rubber Concrete Foundation and Basemen
- PROTECTIVE FINISH FOR – Foundations, ICF’s, Basements, Shower Liners, Deck and Fence Posts, Planter Boxes, Metal, Wood, Concrete and more
- HIGHLY FLEXIBLE – Sealant final membrane has over 900% elongation in the sealing material preventing adhesion failure causing cracks and taring. Flat/Ponding Surface: 50 sq ft/G per coat
- EASY TO APPLY – No mixing required! Apply by brush, roller or high quality piston paint sprayer. Container can be closed and left over material used later. No pot life or working time like 2 component products
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant is water based, containing no solvents, VOC’s or harmful odors. Safe for humans and pets alike, can be used indoors and outdoors with no special breathing apparatus
- FOR A BULLETPROOF SYSTEM – Bridge joints, seams, vents, gaps, protrusions…. With Liquid Rubber Seam Tape or Liquid Rubber Geo-Textile where possible movement may occur
INSL-X AMW100009A-01 WaterBlock Acrylic Mason
- 1) Water Based coating for sealing vertical interior and exterior concrete walls. Great for basement walls, foundations and retaining walls.
- Fast Drying waterproof paint for interior/exterior basement walls, cinder blocks, stucco and brick, and masonry.
- High alkali resistance – up to pH-13.
- Waterproofing paint keeps basement walls dry
- Paint only when surface and air temperatures are between 50 ° (10 °C) and 90 °F (32.2 °C).
- Withstands up to 12 psi hydrostatic pressure.
- Before painting, review the INSL-X Waterblock label for proper preparation and application tips.
Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Liquid, Clear
- SEALS OUT WATER, AIR AND MOISTURE: Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal Spray is a flexible, rubberized coating that seals out water, air and moisture to stop and prevent leaks
- CRYSTAL CLEAR: dries crystal clear and transparent creating cleaner, finished projects than similar products
- EASY TO APPLY: brush, roll, trowel, dip or pour; Once applied, the self leveling formula smoothly covers small gaps and cracks ensuring a watertight seal
- TEMPERATURE AND UV RESISTANT: When dried, Gorilla Waterproof Patch & Seal Liquid is temperature and UV resistant resulting in lasting repairs
- USE ON: Roofs, Gutters, Skylights, Flashing, Chimneys*, PVC Pipe Joints, Windows, RVs, DIY Projects and More! Not for continuous submersion or below-waterline use.
MFM SubSeal40 Waterproof House Wrap – 40 mil
- Prefabricated, 40 mil self adhering sheet-type waterproofing membrane
- Recommended For Use on the Following: Foundation walls, Through-wall flashings, Plaza and balcony decks, Parking garages, Sills, pot shelves, pony walls, parapets, Floor and planter structures, Under stucco, Sealing SIPS building panels or DensGlass, Around windows and door frames
- Roll Length: 75 ft.
- Case Weight: 62 lbs.
- 4 Pack = Carton of 4 Rolls (9in. only) & 30 Pack = Pallet of 30 Rolls (36in. only)
Drylok Masonry Waterproof Clear 5g (DRYLOK –
- Product Type: Tools
- Package Quantity: 1
- Package Dimentions: 31.191 cms (L) x 32.207 cms (W) x 40.411 cms (H)
- Country Of Origin: China
Best basement waterproofing products Buying guide
When it comes to finding the best kw, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is what your needs are. What are you looking for in a product? Do you need something that is durable? Something that is easy to use?
Once you know what you need, you can start to look at different products. Read reviews to see what other people think about them. See if the product has any awards or accolades.
Don’t just go for the first product you see. Take your time to find the best one for you. That way, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your purchase.
1) Does the product fit your needs?
Second, think about whether or not you can afford the item. It’s important to stay within your budget.
2) Can you afford the product?
First, you should consider what you need the product for. Is it the right size? Does it have the features you’re looking for?
3) The reputation of the company: This is probably the most important factor to consider. Research the company online, read reviews and testimonials and see what others have to say about their products.
4) Brand name: One final factor to keep in mind is brand name recognition. In general, more well-known brands tend to charge more for their products. However, they also tend to be more reliable and offer better customer service.
5) Quality of the product: Your first priority should always be the quality of the product. It is advisable to read online reviews or ask friends and family for recommendations.
6) Warranties and guarantees: They show that the company is confident in its product and willing to stand behind it.
7) Customer service: A good company will have responsive and helpful customer service available in case you have any problems with your purchase.
8) Quality of the product: You have to ensure that the product is made of high-quality materials and it is durable.
9) Ease of use: The product should be easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions about Basement waterproofing products
This section answers common questions about basement waterproofing products. Understanding people’s concerns is easier if you answer these questions.
Is this product worth investing in?
A product like this has a lot of value. A lot of unique features and easy to use
basement waterproofing products can be sold in retail stores?
You don’t need to go to the store if you can get it delivered to your door.
When making a purchase, is after-sales service important?
When looking for a reliable basement waterproofing products company, make sure they offer excellent after-sales service.
In the event that any complaints have been filed against the company, they may need to be reconsidered.
It is also a good idea to inquire about a company’s return policy, as some only allow a limited number of returns per year and/or require a receipt for returns.
Leave a Reply